SERVICES OF IKWE –ONNA REFINERY
Ikwe-Onna oil refinery or petroleum refinery is an industrial process plant where crude oil or hydrocarbon from the well head reservoirs is processed and refined into more useful products such as petroleum naphtha, gasoline, diesel fuel, asphalt base, heating oil, kerosene and liquefied petroleum gas.
Oil or hydrocarbon refineries are typically large, sprawling industrial complexes with extensive piping running throughout, carrying streams of fluids between large chemical processing units. In many ways, oil refineries use much of the technology of, and can be thought of, as types of chemical plants. The crude oil feedstock has typically been processed by an oil production plant. There is usually an oil depot (tank farm) at or near an oil refinery for the storage of incoming crude oil feedstock as well as bulk liquid products.
An oil refinery is considered an essential part of the downstream side of the petroleum industry.
Fractioning by heating method of crude oil refining
Specialty end products
These require blending various feedstocks, mixing appropriate additives, providing short term storage, and preparation for bulk loading to trucks, barges, product ships, and railcars:
- Gaseous fuels such as propane, stored and shipped in liquid form under pressure in specialized railcars to distributors.
- Lubricants (produces light machine oils, motor oils, and greases, adding viscosity stabilizers as required), usually shipped in bulk to an offsite packaging plant.
- Wax (paraffin), used in the packaging of frozen foods, among others. May be shipped in bulk to a site to prepare as packaged blocks.
- Sulfur (or sulfuric acid), byproducts of sulfur removal from petroleum which may have up to a couple percent sulfur as organic sulfur-containing compounds. Sulfur and sulfuric acid are useful industrial materials. Sulfuric acid is usually prepared and shipped as the acid precursor oleum.
- Bulk tar shipping for offsite unit packaging for use in tar-and-gravel roofing.
- Asphalt unit. Prepares bulk asphalt for shipment.
- Petroleum coke, used in specialty carbon products or as solid fuel.
- Petrochemicals or petrochemical feedstocks, which are often sent to petrochemical plants for further processing in a variety of ways. The petrochemicals may be olefins or their precursors, or various types of aromatic petrochemicals.
QUALITY POLICY AND OBJECTIVES:
Following the guide lines set by DPR we are committed to always offer Petroleum Products and Services that shall fulfil our customers’ requirements and expectations using modern technology at good prices that guarantee customers’ value, stakeholders’ continued interest and support for local and international partners.
To meet the objective of this quality policy, we shall:
- We shall continually improve the efficiency of the processes and utility plants to optimise their capacity utilisation as demanded
- Deliver all products on specifications and base on policy
- Train locals that will continuously manage e effective running of the plants in the relevant skills annually.
- Strive to achieve nil accident annually and carry out drills when necessary.
- Treat all plant effluents to statutory safe levels before discharge into the environment as to keep the green energy flying and eliminate all hazards.
- Be a responsible corporate citizen by contributing to the social and economic development of our contiguous communities of which we operate and provide our services.
These Policy and Objectives shall be reviewed annually for continual improvement of the Quality Management System in accordance with the requirements of NIS ISO (001: 2000. Compliance with these Policy and Objectives, which shall be communicated to all staff, is mandatory.
Ikwe Onna Refinery Project is to encourage local participation and to bring an end to the inconsistent supply of products, which will see us in future open E-Card mega Filling station to curb the unrest of Petroleum Products.